ANCIEN COUVENT SAINTE-CLAIRE - MUR DES FRANCAIS DISPARUS EN ALGERIE (1954-1963) ET CENTRE DE DOCUMENTATION DES FRANCAIS D'ALGERIE
The MEMORIAL OF THE DISAPPEARD (a wall) was erected in 2007 to commemorate the more than 2000 French people who disappeared in Algeria between 1954 and 1963. It is situated in Mère Antigo garden, in Sainte Claire de la Passion convent.
The FRENCH OF ALGERIA DOCUMENTATION CENTRE was inaugurated on January 29th 2012. Different types of documents, works of art and any object useful to explain and clarify the French presence in Algeria, which lasted 132 years, are collected in this center. It is composed of a permanent exhibition (1st floor), a temporary exhibition (1st floor), a library and a reading room.
The center is situated in the old Saint Claire Convent and it is listed among the historical monuments.
Free entrance. Disabled access: "Mur des Disparus" and on the ground floor of "Centre de Documentation". To access the first floor, there is a banister.
1 rue Général Derroja Couvent Sainte Claire de la Passion